It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. We feel it promotes a sense of pride in the school and a sense of community and belonging.
It is really important for every item to be NAMED. Please use iron-on or sewn on name tabs, as pen washes off.
Barton school uniform consists of:
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo (or plain royal blue sweatshirt/jumper/cardigan)
- Royal blue polo shirt (available with school logo)
- Trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafores: grey, charcoal or black
- Royal blue and white gingham dress
- Socks/Tights: plain grey, black or white
- Black shoes: with fastenings (velcro, laces, buckles) – no slip-ons, no heels and no boots (except in bad weather when a change of shoes will be necessary)
- Watches can be worn
- No jewellery, except stud earrings
- No nail varnish
- Long hair to be tied up with blue or hair coloured ties/ribbons/clips
- Book bags with Barton logo – available from the school office
- INSIDE PE: white t-shirt (available with logo), black shorts,
- OUTSIDE PE: white t-shirt (available with logo), tracksuit top/sweatshirt, black shorts and black jogging bottoms, trainers
- Stud earrings must be removed or taped (provided by parents) – staff will not remove or replace earrings
- Drawstring PE bag
- For the swimming season: a bag containing a one piece costume, waterproof shoes like flip-flops/crocs, towel
Outdoor Learning: (Reception and Year 1)
- Wellington boots and waterproofs
How to order school uniform
You can order and pay for school uniform online using our provider Brigade. If you do not have access to the internet you can collect an order form from School and order by post. Alternatively, the school office has a variety of second-hand uniform available for you to purchase. Official Barton Primary School book bags can be purchased directly from the School Office.