Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The government has committed to spend over £450 million on improving physical education and sport in primary schools. It is the responsibility of the Headteacher and the PE Subject leader to allocate the money to fund PE and sport provision in the school in the best possible way.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively and embed physical activity across your school
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports and holiday clubs
- enter or run more sport competitions
- partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
- raise attainment in primary school swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum before the end of key stage 2
- embed physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching
How much do we receive?
For the academic year 2018 - 2019, Barton CE Primary School received £16,930.