This week’s geography is all about the counties of the UK. Please don’t try to do all the activities, I have included far too many for one week! If you can look at the PowerPoint, which explains a little bit about what a county is, that will give you a good idea of this week’s work. Then, if you have time, you can pick and choose any activities that you like the sound of.
- Following on from the powerpoint, there is a worksheet where you will need to do some research about Cambridgeshire. If you would prefer to research a different county (perhaps the county you were born in or a county you have visited on holiday), that would be super - and then I can enjoy learning about different places. I have included the Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland sheets in case you would like to do somewhere other than Cambridgeshire.
- Find out about the Cambridgeshire flag or coat of arms.
- Use Digimap to identify cities and counties in the UK. Then you might like to spend some time exploring Digimap….
- The first of two tricky activities to learn the location of different counties. The first one is a set of cards. Scroll down to page 6 for suggestions of games to play.
- The second is similar, but is an on-line site where you can practise locating different counties. I think it is very hard - so you might like to ask an adult to join in the challenge with you!